PML YA Yakkers!

Patchogue Medford Library Young Adult Department

Friday, June 09, 2006

Avast Ye.. Chapter 2: The Paradise

Book Survivor Adventure Mountain

Adventure Log 2: The Cay

Ahoy hoy there fellow travelers! Tis I, your host, Simon Mirage Explorerdorado! When you last left me, my party of Lucy Langross, Max Figgins and myself were resting at a camp. Well, let me tell you, fellow travelers, the dangers we have encountered in those numerous holes have paled compared to what I will shortly share.

We set off at the earlier of morning and climbed up a steep embankment. It was treacherous, wet and rather ill smelling. When we arrived at the top, I recieved the shock of my life. It was a Carnival! It appeared to be a crudely constructed with a ferris wheel made of figs and a fun house that consisted of two rubber tennis balls and a smiling radish. Well, well well! Then there was a horrible stench. It was the stench of carniefolk. There appeared to be greasy looking carnie folk, wearing faded blue jumpsuits and donning green and white hair. Lucy began to screan and she became violently ill. I told my comrades to run.

We ran and ran until we ended up at a beautiful cay. We began set up camp for the night. It was an extremely traumatic and despicable day. Suddenly, Max screamed. A giant shark jumped onto the beach and began attacking him! Sharks on land? Jiminy! Lucy got the jemmy legs and remained glued to her spot. I grabbed an oar and began to hit the shark lightly on the tail. It turned away from Max and focuses on me...then I.

To be continued

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home