PML YA Yakkers!

Patchogue Medford Library Young Adult Department

Friday, June 16, 2006

Chapter 3: Shark Attaaaaaack!

Book Survivor Adventure Mountain

Advenutre Log 3: Hatchet (Voted off)

...urgh.....Where am I? Who am I? Why am I wearing slippers? Urgh....shark?

I stumbled onto the sand with the shark's teeth chomping down on my right leg. My best friend Max lay in pieces on the beach. Lucy Langross was nowhere to be seen. I screamed and picked up the only object that was nearby. A Hatchet??! It had the word Gary Paulsen inscribed on the handle. I picked up the Hatchet and began slashing at the shark. The shark began to scream and mutter.. "Beware the peak..." it said. My eyes widened at the thought of a shark being able to speak to me.

After many hours of rest, I paid respects to my dearest friend Max and set off toward the peak in search of Lucy. I climbed for many hours and arrived at encampment. A man wearing a pointy green hat sat reclining on a large sack of rice. He was playing a banjo and a girl with purple hair and eyes was dancing.

"Well, hello there," said the man. I nodded. "Are you lost?"

I smiled sadly. "No, my friend," said I. "The only thing I have lost is my best friend, and my girl." The girl with the purple hair smiled, revealing pointy blue teeth.

"Ay!" she twittered. "Love's a lost is a sad experience, aye yi," she sang. I gazed into her eyes and saw a beautiful sparkle. I was mezmorized. The man stamped his foot on the sand, causing me to spring to attention. "I'm getting hungry poppars," said the girl.

The man grinned a devilish smile. "Well then, looks like we'll be eating..." The girl began moving toward me. I closed my eyes.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home