PML YA Yakkers!

Patchogue Medford Library Young Adult Department

Friday, July 07, 2006

Chapter 6: Fleeing Reality?

Book Survivor Adventure Mountain

Voted off: Around the World in 80 Days


The Island of the Blue Dolphins huh? My new found friend swam around my feet.
"Courderoy, you look amazing!" I said.

"Well thank you!" he bubbled.

"Do you have any idea how I can find my friend Lucy?" I asked.

He swam over to a small group of dolphins. A green dolphin swam toward me.

"Hewwo," he said. "My name is Bubbles," said the dolphin. "I can tell you how to find your friend."

He told me of a magic ring that could alter reality. I decided this was something that I needed to find. If I was able to find this ring, I could go back to when we were just setting off and decide not to go on this blasted trip.

"Where is this magical ring?" I inquired.

"Oho!" said Bubbles. "This ring is located inside the Bubbling Volcano." He whistled. "That volcano is in the heart of Mongoblin territory!"

I screamed. Bubbles snorted. "How far away do you think Lucy is from us?" I asked.

"Well," Bubbles said. "Mongoblins can travel at quadruple our speed. So technically, they can move extremely fast."

Does this mean what I think it could mean? Would it be possible for them to make it...Around the World in 80 days??!

The dolphin pointed toward a cave I hadn't seen before with its nose. "If you follow the torch lit path into this cave," he bubbled. "You are bound to find the way to the start of Mongoblin territory."

I bid him well and began to follow the torch lit path. Lucy, I'm coming!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home