PML YA Yakkers!

Patchogue Medford Library Young Adult Department

Friday, July 14, 2006

Chapter 7: The Murky Waters

Book Survivor Adventure Log

Voted off: Adrift and The Incredible Journey.


I exited the torched laden cave and came across a giant body of water. I found it hard to believe once more that water could exist so high above sea level. And this body stretched for miles and miles. Was it an undiscovered ocean? Could I become a famous explorer?

I began to chop some trees with the Hachet I had in my pouch. Chopping trees is hard work, but suffice it to say, I am splinter free! After chopping for what seemed to be many days, I began to construct a crudely designed raft. How did I know where I was going you ask? Well, there was a sign that said "Mongoblin territory this way."

Finally when my craft was complete I set sail. For 30 days and 30 nights I was Adrift. I began to get hungry. I grabbed fish with my bare hands and ate them raw.

One night, after grabbing a particularly colorful fish, it began to speak to me. "Hello ole chap," it murmored.

"Ole Chap?!" I said. Was this a British fish?

"I hate to trouble you but do you have any fish flakes?" he asked. I looked in my pocket and shook my head. "Very well mate" he said. The fish jumped back into the water. Suddenly, I missed that fish. I screamed his name over and over again, despite that I didn't even know what it was!

"Fishie!" I shouted. "O fishie!" I screamed. But he never returned. After a couple more days, I began to see weird shapes and sounds. I saw the mooing of a giraffe. I began to see swords rain from the sky.

A kangaroo bounded onto my raft. "Ello, from Australia!" I shouted. Apparations! Apparations for sure!!

Eventually, my raft embarked on the edge of a beach and collapsed from exhaustion. When I woke up, a woman was standing over me. She looked like she was a mongoblin by the way her eyes had words written on them. She began to spit out copies of The Catcher and the Rye. I began to fight with her, throwing punches left and right. By they got absorbed into her paper....

She grabbed me by the wrist and I pulled out my hachet and began to slice at her paper thin arms. She screamed and I ran away. This has been a most Incredible Journey. I stopped in front of a sign. Mongoblin territory?!

1 Comments:

At 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is the weirdest story I have ever read.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home